Thursday, January 7, 2010

Project 7 is here


i finally finished project 7. i used a low pass filter and chorus on five for my first synth used in Section A and the intro. the second synth in section B is a high pass filter w/ the chorus on four. as i described in my previous updates i have had trouble with my bass sound. i searched for awhile but realized i personally like the original. the drums were fooled with for awhile beacuse i didnt know if i should use riff machine or to create somehting of my own. so doing the sensible thing a did both made my own and used riff machine, i think they really balance each other out. i used the deep sounding bass for my riffs but brought it up 2 octaves to balance. i really tried to make everythign work as best as it could and not just use cool sounding riffs and melt them together. hope you like my loop.

2 comments:

  1. I think the bass is really quiet in the mix. I couldn't hear it at all in the bridge. How did you design the bass? Maybe it needed some reinforcement from Op 2. What did you try to fix your bass problem? The bass part that I could here in the A section went well with your melody. The ending is a bit of a let down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All in all i thought it was very good. The only thing I didn't like was that during the bridge there was no drum and no bass. Your bass was great during the rest of the song, so i think during the brdige something would have sounded really good. I also wasn't crazy about the way it simply just ended, but come to think of it, mine did the exact same thing. I really liked the bridge section and the way it sounded, but like I said before, some bass or something would have made it sound even fuller. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete